SOCIAL MEDIA

October 9, 2014

DIY Beauty // Lip Scrub

Those chilly months are soon going to be in full swing, and that means those annoying dry, chapped lips. So, to show those lips who's the boss I want to share with you a lip scrub that you can make with items that you probably already have on hand. Happy first of October and remember to keep those lips hydrated!


  • 1 Tablespoon of white/brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vaseline (this is optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon flavoring (I used Coconut extract)
  • Small container 
  • Toothbrush (preferably not one that you're already using, just thought I'd put that :)
Combine honey and sugar in a bowl. If your lips are sensitive I would recommend using white sugar as it is more gentle. If you are using Vaseline mix it in with honey and sugar now. Mix it until a paste is formed.

Using your toothbrush, rinse in a few drops of warm water. Dip the toothbrush in the paste and scrub your lips for about two to three minutes. Wash off using warm water afterwards.

If you have any leftover paste, scrape it from the bowl into a small container. This scrub can be used whenever you have chapped pealing lips. I use the scrub every three days for best results.



Blessings on your day! 

If you want to see any other beauty related DIY or anything just let me know in the com box below!

2 comments :

  1. Gosh, this is exactly what I need! Thanks for posting Grace. I'd love to see more DIY posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help you avoid chapped lips! ;) I'll definitely work on some more DIY's.

      Delete