SOCIAL MEDIA

December 30, 2016

Ready, Set, Goal | 2017

2016 was my year to take on the theme of faithfulness in my life. This is something that I will always be striving to understand better, but I can confidently say that 2016 gave me many opportunities to practice faithfulness. I learned to choose faithfulness when it came to my friendships, faith walk, goals, dreams and biggest of all I learned what faithfulness to myself meant. I learned that if I was faithful in my daily duties and current vocation, then I could be entrusted with bigger dreams and opportunities to bring about change.

I learned this year that if I am faithful to my identity, of who I really am with all my gifts, talents, as well as short-comings, then things will just work out. (to put it plainly) The beginning of this year I found myself creating a 19-year old self & future that I didn't recognize. This new person wasn't bad, but I knew it wasn't me and I most definitely knew where I was taking this young adventure seeking girl wasn't the right path for me. Once I realized what future I was creating for myself and how that included no peace, joy and authenticity; a choice needed to be made. I didn't know what would be in store for the future but I did know that since I was faithful in that one small test, I knew the Lord would be faithful in his promise. And let me tell you He did not disappoint! I couldn't have imagined after deciding to give something up that I always thought would get me to where I wanted in life, and what would have brought success, recognition, and even move me to a dream location geographically, would actually surpass ALL of that in a way I could never have planned or imagined. 


 * * *
2015 theme was "walk on the water", 2016 was faithfulness and 2017 is going to be NOW
 
2017 will be a year of committing to NOW...
Now because as Amy Poehler stated, "great people do things before they're ready."
Now because there's never a convenient time to chase your dreams. 
Now because it's time to create a masterpiece of life. 
Now because it's a lot more rewarding living your own dreams instead of living others. 
Now because women need a role model, and you're it. 
Now because you don't want to look back with regret on what could have been. 
Now because that "one day" girl is that NOW girl. 
Now because it creates a first-rate version of yourself instead of the common second-rate. 
Now because January 2018 will be here before we know it. 
Now because it means I don't settle.
Now because why not now.

I am grateful for the foundation 2016 set for every aspect of my life. Now time to see how they will be built in 2017.

Post a Comment