SOCIAL MEDIA

March 1, 2018

Why Graciela | Brand Goals


Happy Thursday!!!

Today I want to do something a little different and just chat about this blog and why I started it. I am getting a lot more traffic on here and some new readers (welcome!) and since I actually haven't really done this type of post yet, I thought it's about time I do. Not only will reading the "why" behind this blog help you as readers when you are on here but every time I write out my brand mission + goals it always re-inspires and motivates me. It's a win-win. ;)

So...

Why Graciela?

Well, first things first. The blog name. My name is Grace, not Graciela, but since I am part Latino I liked the idea of using a different variation of my name and Graciela is a Spanish variation of Grace. I love the elegant sound it has and it just sorta stuck.


I've always loved fashion and follow some fabulous fashion blogs, and have always wanted to start a clothing line and do some modeling (like for fashion campaigns). When coming up with the idea for this blog, I knew fashion would be apart of it somehow, and occasionally I will share some style tips or some of the latest trends, because come on, girls love fashion and just feeling confident in their style and most of the time we can instantly bond over shoes. :) For example, when I'm out and I see a girl with either some cute shoes or some to die for handbag, I always compliment her and ask where she found them. That sparks an instant connection between us that often leads to a full conversation, all because of fashion!!

When it comes to the blog I will at times talk fashion and what's on my fashion wishlist because more often than not fashion opens a door to more. Fashion is relatable and fun and I have found that it can be a bridge to lead to more conversations and real talk moments. Fashion can open the door.

Beyond fashion, my brand goal has always been to provide value. I always get asked either by real-life friends or followers what does it mean to be a girlboss or how can they because they are in college or work full time or that they are only 16. Many think that to be a girlboss you have to start a company or blog or be an entrepreneur or be 30 years old and that is totally not the case!

To me being a girlboss is learning to become the best version of yourself in all areas of life and going after your dream life. So if you are in college you can figure out what is important to you and give 110 %. If you are in a full-time job, you can figure out the areas of your life that are important to you and balance it out so that you are becoming your best self in all those areas. And if you are in high school, GIRL you have such a great opportunity being in that age group and pursuing a girlboss mindset. The world is waiting for your greatness.

If you are a superstar in school or work but don't give time for working out or personal development time or family/friends or faith (or whatever your non-negotiables are) then I personally think it's difficult to be my best in one area if I'm not giving the time of day to another. Make sense?

I'm not saying each of those areas has to be perfect and a finished project, but being a work in progress is better than nothing.

This is where I want to fill the gap of providing relatable content. If you have questions on fashion, being a girlboss, personal development, what I use for skin care, real-life talk, quick recipes for an on the go lifestyle, literally whatever you want to know that is where Graciela blog comes in. You have crazy busy lives as aspiring girlbosses so sometimes you don't have time to research the latest trends or see what the best podcasts are currently or maybe you don't know where to start when it comes to creating a morning routine. Girl, I got you. These are the things I want to chat about and just help you with on your girlboss journey.

The mission of Graciela is for the everyday girl. It's where women can come to be inspired to be the best version of themselves. My goal with every post is to inspire women to find the ladyboss within herself and win in all areas of her life. 

I am super excited to share all the March content I have planned especially related to Women's History month! Talk to you in the next post!

remember to always glam up, goal up and never give up!

Post a Comment