SOCIAL MEDIA

August 24, 2017

My Fall Reading List | Personal Development Edition

Life is a never-ending pursuit of knowledge and growth. And one of my favorite ways to learn, is to read. Successful people all have one thing in common. They read, and they read a lot. They are successful because they are lifetime learners. They commit to learning new things every single day. Successful people never stop learning.




The average CEO reads 60+ books a year and makes 319x the income of the average worker who reads 1 book a year but finds the time to watch 700 YouTube videos a year.
Warren Buffett, one of the wealthiest humans on the planet is famous for reading more than 5 hours every day.
Mark Cuban is a vocal supporter of treating business like a sport, which means he looks for the competitive edge however he can, which often means reading for 3 hours a day just to learn more about the industries he works in.
Bill Gates reads about 50 a year, which breaks down to one book per week.
A young Elon Musk read for 10 hours each day before growing up to become Tesla CEO.
And Oprah is all about books, she selects one of her favorite books every month for her Book Club members to read and discuss. She has called reading "her personal path to freedom."

High achievers don’t just read anything. They are highly selective about what they read, opting to be educated over being entertained. Instead of filling their reading time with magazines and the hottest fictional novel, they often choose biographies and autobiographies of other successful people for guidance and inspiration.

This Fall I am going to prepare myself for 2018 by reading some personal development books that will get me thinking about my new year resolutions and what I want to work on in the new year. 

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) | Hal Elrod
"Whether you want to make significant improvements in just a few key areas, or you are ready for a major overhaul that will radically transform your entire life--so your current circumstances will soon become only a memory of what was--you've picked up the right book. You are about to begin a miraculous journey, using a simple, but revolutionary process that is guaranteed to transform any area of your life... all before 8:00 am." -Hal Elrod

The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear | Joyce Meyer
“Because of the lingering discrimination, many women still lack confidence. They live in fear of stepping beyond what they feel is acceptable 'female' behavior. I can remember feeling that I wasn't 'normal' because I was aggressive, had dreams and goals, and wanted do do great things...I am glad now that I found courage to do something radical and chase my dreams.” -Joyce Meyer

Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder | Arianna Huffington 
“I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” -Arianna Huffington

The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World |

Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time |

What books are on your Fall list? Do you have a favorite personal development book?

26 comments :

  1. This spring I started getting into self-help reads after pretty much only reading mystery & thrillers for the past few years. I am HOOKED! I have never heard of these & I am excited to hear how you like them this fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love psych thrillers + romance but I have goals that require me to always be learning & growing, including during down time. I will definitely be doing a follow up on these books. xo

      Delete
  2. The Art of Non-Conformity sounds like a great read and very relevant to me right now. I'm going to try buy it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it! DM on Instsgram and let me know how you are liking it! xo

      Delete
  3. I want to read the Miracle Morning! It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually having already started an AM routine based on this book so I can't wait to dive into it! Hope it's life changing for you! xo

      Delete
  4. Such a good list! I really need to get back into reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally notice the difference on the day's I don't read. Start to get into the reading habit again by just committing to 10 pages a day. xo

      Delete
  5. The Art of Non-conformity sounds really interesting! I've been enjoying reading more self help books lately. I'll definitely add these to my list to check out. I've been slacking on my reading list this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about what you didn't get done in the Summer... everyday is a new opportunity to begin again. Fall is the perfect time to just START. :) Let me know how it goes and DM me on Instagram if you want to talk books.

      Delete
  6. I feel like my world is so small whenever I see these lists, because I never know of any of these books :( I gotta expand my reading horizon more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! That's why I write these posts and actually why I do this whole blog thing. :) Which book are you going to read first?

      Delete
  7. This post reminded me how much I love reading! Girlboss and Nice is Just a Place in France have both been on my list for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlboss was a super motivating book to read because it really shows you that no matter where you come from, if you have a dream & determination then you can achieve whatever you want. xo

      Delete
  8. Definitely going to have to check out a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! If you are just getting into the reading habit, then just commit to one book a month or focus on 10 pages a day. You'll totally crush the reading game with those habits. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm really interested in The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear! I had no idea that fact about CEOs, super interesting and worthwhile to know. I really need to get back into reading for pleasure.

    Lauren // http://laurensjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually try to read a spiritual book as well as a personal development book. I just started The Confident Woman and am loving it so far! Pick a time you are most alert, either morning or before bed. Read 10 pages at one of those times. It will be transforming. xo

      Delete
  10. How did I not know how important reading is for some of the most successful people?! I totally need to do some more reading then. I've also been looking for great personal development books. Gotta check these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for your life to be transformed through the power of reading. Leaders are readers.

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to read THRIVE. Arianna Huffington is such an inspiration for me!
    Tori || Victori Media
    https://www.victorimedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love taking the time to read each day, it makes me feel more accomplished day to day!
    -Nicholle
    www.nichollesophia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best self-care habits you could adopt!

      Delete
  13. I have a few books on my shelf that I still need to get to! I'm trying to read again every night, but can't decide which book to read next. Love your picks and can't wait to see your thoughts once you read them all!

    xo
    Sami
    The Classic Brunette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My to-read list is HUGE so planning out a few ahead of time saves me so much headache trying to decided book by book.

      Delete