SOCIAL MEDIA

August 28, 2017

Essentials For The Faith Based Girlboss

Faith is a large part of my life and any girlboss endeavor I pursue. Being a girlboss means having a balance and understanding of all areas of your life. For me, this means that I have my faith life in just as much order and give it just as much attention as I would my professional or fitness pursuits.



Adopting a girlboss lifestyle means you are actively striving to become the best version of yourself in all areas of your life from faith, relationships, professional, and fitness. Everything I pursue in life has a purpose behind it because I know the outcome is for a higher cause than what I can immediately see. I know that all my professional and personal pursuits will all have a greater good attached to the outcome, because through the process whatever success comes from my actions, it would never have been as awesome if I didn't invite God in to inspire, bless, guide, motivate, create, move, & launch me.
You don't choose where you want to have Jesus show up in your life when you think it's convenient. Putting HIM first is what matters while you pursue other goals. Inviting HIM into your goals, friendships, school work, & 9-5 job means HE now can fully bless all your endeavors.

Today I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite resources that help fuel my faith walk. If you are a busy college or corporate girl with little time to spare in the mornings for devotions, then I'm especially excited for you to utilize some these resources!

| On-The Go Devotionals |
Always More Devotionals
This is more often than not my go-to devotional! Audrey provides a beautiful weekly devotional full of encouragement, quotes, shareable images, scriptures, and videos, sent straight to your phone! I love that you are also able to text back and interact with her! "ALWAYS MORE Devotionals will push you to discover MORE of God’s character, to unveil MORE of His heart, to seek the MORE that He has for you, and to unearth MORE of your unique purpose and calling."

Cambria Joy
One of my fav faith + lifestyle YouTubers, Cambria recently started sending weekly newsletters full of lifestyle tips. I wanted to include her newsletter in this roundup because she often writes devotionals in these newsletters.  The perfect encouraging read with your morning coffee!

| Podcasts |
Joyce Meyer Radio
Joyce is super real and down to earth. She shares how to apply practical principles from God's Word to everyday life.

That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs
Less like a podcast and more like coffee with friends, I love tuning in every Thursday to hear Annie talk about her favorite things and favorite people which could mean one week she's talking faith and the other she's talking travel stories. Whatever the topic may be this show is such a fun one to play while getting ready or making breakfast. It will get your day started in the best way.

For The Love with Jen Hatmaker
Wow oh wow! Jen is a hilarious, spicy, engaging, authentic gem! I love this podcast because honestly, it's just so different from my typical go to. Jen talks about everything from Jesus, shoes, family, stories, community and more! It's real, but with little nuggets of wisdom tucked into each show.

Conversations with John & Lisa Bevere 
John & Lisa Bevere cover a host of topics confronting the modern-day Christian. Want to learn how to have a thriving prayer life in the midst of a hectic schedule? How to read The Bible? Most embarrassing time of ministry? This shows got you covered!

| Instagram Accounts |
These are just a few of my fav soul-full IG accounts that will definitely bless your feed on a daily basis!
@soulscripts
@shereadstruth 
@gritandvirtue
@propelwomen
@sheislight 
@thedailygraceco
@delightministries
@liveoriginal 
@ashlin.michelle
@lysaterkeurst 
@shetheroar

| Apps |

She Reads Truth Bible + Devotional
SRT app allows women to connect with God's Word and each other, anytime and anywhere. SRT app provides gorgeous devotional reading plans + full text bible. They also provide access to beautiful scripture lock screens for download. This is the perfect app for the busy working or college girl who want's time for devotions but who might only be able to fit in 30 minutes in the morning or on her lunch break.

YouVersion Bible
Over 1,000 versions of the bible including audio, bookmark your favorite verses, search hundreds of reading plans and get notifications each day if you choose. Also you can schedule to have bible verses sent to you daily through the notification feature.

Spotify
Create encouraging and uplifting playlists to listen to open up your devotions, while working, or getting ready in the morning. Here's my worship playlist + my Sunday morning playlist.

Audible
This app is an amazing resource to purchase great books to listen to over and over while on the go. A few favorites you can get are Love Does by Bob Goff and Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.

The world has enough women who know how to do their hair. It needs more women who know how to do hard and holy things. | Ann Voskamp

Okay, ladies! Tell me, what's your fav devotional or faith resource?
 

31 comments :

  1. I love this so so so much!!! Great work, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beauty! I hope you found some good soul-food! xo

      Delete
  2. These are some great tips! I've used the YouVersion Bible app before and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the aspect of always having the bible on you wherever you go! xo

      Delete
  3. I have the daily bible inspirations app thatI set to send me a notification in the evening for me to read at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that! There's so many ways to incorporate little Jesus moments into your day. so

      Delete
  4. I'm going to check out these Instagram accounts! I love finding new people to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad! You'll find so much inspiration from these gals :)xo

      Delete
  5. This looks like a great roundup of resources. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Rachel! Hope you find what you need through these resources :) xo

      Delete
  6. I am always looking for more devotionals and podcasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many good ones to choose from! I think you'll like some of these :) xo

      Delete
  7. What a great list of roundups resources, I would love to check it out the Podcast and those IG accounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Podcasts makes it super easy to add some faith aspect into your daily routine. xo

      Delete
  8. such a great list! I love spotify..I used to be so against it, but now that I use it on a daily basis, I question why I used to hate it so much xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I used to solely be a Pandora girl but now am completely obsessed with Spotify! ;)

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for this! I definitely want to check out the on the go devotionals :)

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much respect and admiration for the ladies who write the devotionals. You'll gain so much from them. xo

      Delete
  10. These are awesome resources, they are so great to have on hand! Thanks for sharing!

    xo, L
    www.ChangeWithUsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find so much strength from these tools. xo

      Delete
  11. This is a great roundup, and it's super inspirational the way that you strive to be a girl boss in every aspect of your life from blogging to fitness to faith. I used to think of girl boss as just a term for business/ career related endeavors, but this post made me realize it's more of a state of mind and way of living! Love that!! XO, Nicole // www.nicolecoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES yes yes!!! God gave us the gift to dream and the desire to succeed, it is only right to give our success back to HIM by striving to become the best version of ourself in all areas of life. love your comments Nicole! xo

      Delete
  12. I'm not religious, but these seem like great necessities for those that are!

    xo
    Sami
    The Classic Brunette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lot of the IG accounts are just great accounts to follow for inspiration! Thanks for reading Sami! xo

      Delete
  13. This is definitely a great list of resources! A lot of my friends do express what a struggle it is to both keep up with their jobs and side hustles AND to maintain their faith!

    xoxo, Paige
    www.thedailypaigeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is challenging and def to me a while to figure it all out. But like anything you want to make a priority in life it all comes down to scheduling it and sticking to your schedule. thanks for reading Paige! xo

      Delete
  14. I love that you have such a holistic view of what it means to be a blogger and #girlboss. It's so important that you feel satisfied and comfortable in every area of your life. When you do, it shines through your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! It's important for everyone to figure out what are their non-negotiable's in life. Once they do they can better prioritize their life.

      Delete
  15. I love She Reads Truth. It's how I always start my day!

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such an amazing round-up for a faithful demographic - thx for sharing all of these sources of inspo! x, nicole // www.nicoleeigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post on thoughtful reads and listens for those of us needing a little soulful inspiration!
    Tori || Victori Media
    https://www.victorimedia.com

    ReplyDelete