SOCIAL MEDIA

February 18, 2015

L E N T

 
Look at His adorable face.
Look at His glazed and sunken eyes.
Look at His wounds.
Look Jesus in the Face.
There, you will see how He loves us.

  -St. Therese of Lisieux

Prayer
"Prayer is the raising of one's mind and heart to God or the requesting of good things from God" 
-St. John Damascene
  • Do my lenten reading plan -Something for the mind: Father Elijah: An Apocalypse by Michael O'Brien -Something for the Soul: The Way by Josemaria Escrivia -Something for the Heart: Embracing Therese, Faustina and Bernadette: Three Saints Who Challenged My Faith, Gave Me Hope, and Taught Me How to Love
  • Pray the Litany of Humility everyday 
  • Write in my prayer journal every 
  • Pray the stations of the cross on Fridays
  • Go to weekly adoration 
  • Remember the person of the day in my prayers
Fasting/Discipline
  • Instead of listening to secular music, listen to some lenten themed music or some Christian songs that draws me into the desert with our Lord
  • Journal for 10 mins each day
  • Go one day a week (Friday) without social media
Almsgiving/Thankfulness/Give of Myself
  • Write more faith based posts
  • Go on more walks with my siblings
  • Add blessings to my list
  • Write more letters to friends
Okay, well there you go, my 2015 Lent game plan. I would love to hear your thoughts as well as what YOUR plans for Lent are. Just remember to ask yourself why you are doing this. 

"God gives the growth." 
(1 Cor. 3:7)

Post a Comment