SOCIAL MEDIA

November 3, 2017

Winter Coat Roundup + Current Podcasts


Happy Friday!!! 
Depending on where you live, you might have to pull out your winter coat pretty soon is you haven't already. Friends in the Midwest already had their first snowfall so coat season is in full swing for them. Then there's the Pacific NW where I've never really had to get big puffer jackets...the biggest coat that you really need here is a wool coat. Personal preference I guess. There is some ADORABLY chic outerwear this season and honestly, it was so hard to narrow down this roundup. ;)

1- short pile (love) | 2- parka  | 3- biker | 4- belted wrap | 5- longline wrap | 6- double breasted

10- colorblock  (love) | 11- velvet puffer | 12- fur parker | 13- frayed button front | 14- plaid poncho
15- fur puffer | 16- camo puffer | 17- boucle yarn | 18- collar

See, told you there are SO many cute coats right now! And all these are from stores like H&M and Forever 21 so they are affordable + trendy. SCORE! 
I have been on a podcast obsession lately.I feel like they are becoming the new thing, even though they really aren't "knew". Podcasts are great to play in the background while cooking, cleaning, doing your makeup or just driving around. I don't listen to anything too heavy while writing blog posts, but I do turn them on while editing pictures and creating product collages.

Here are my current favorites that you NEED to go listen too after reading this! 

How I Built This with Guy Raz - Probably my most favorite podcast that I have ever dowloaded!!! I downloaded it beginning of this week and have listened to all the episodes already. It's basically going behind the scenes of the beginning days of today's top companies. I recommend the episodes of Starbucks: Howard Schultz and Spanx: Sara Blakely.

The Brendon Show - This podcast is great for a quick dose of inspiration to get you going. Brendon takes you behind the scenes of his week as a high-performance coach and shares his message on how we all can live, love and matter. I recommend the episode Best Of 4 Pillars of High Performance

Love That Lasts - I initially discovered this podcast after I ran across Jefferson and Alyssa Bethke's new Book, Love That Lasts. Since I just downloaded it I've only listened to a couple episodes, but they are so fun and insightful that I can't wait to listen to more. I recommend the episode Singleness, Walking Through Valleys, and Love That Lasts. In this episode, Alyssa gives a preview to a chapter in their new book.

Which coat is your favorite? Also, any podcasts that you recommend?

8 comments :

  1. I was just hunting for a new winter coat... this will come in handy!

    Prerana | Broadcloth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love 4, 5, and 6 on your list! We won't need our jackets for a while down here in the southeast. I actually listen to a few podcasts that I love, but they're based on true crime, murder, and mysterious stuff. Not exactly everyone's cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love the light pink with the gold buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave is the classic wool coat. I have one from Zara which was my first ever and I refuse to let go of it because its still perfect (minus the lint but I can take care of that.) Another question- how did you put this collage together? I would like to do this for my blog too.
    www.thediystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been OBSESSING over How I Built This! I love Sadie from barre3's episode and Blake from TOMS!
    Tori || Victori Media

    https://www.victorimedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the cutest finds! I love buying winter coats, I feel like I hoard them LOL because I buy so many! They're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter seems to be coming early here this year. We already had our first snowfall. I plan on getting at least one new coat this year. I try to find somethat are classic and I can wear for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am madly in love with winter coats – I have so many! And I keep buying more. I love that blush pink longline wrap and the fur-edged plaid poncho – it is totally ridiculous but I would wear the heck out of it.

    ReplyDelete